Ehs Capital Project Manager
Pays : Canada
Région : Ontario
Ville : Markham
Catégorie : Vente au détail
Type de contrat : CDI
Type d'emploi : Plein temps
Description du poste
Our Brands: The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products. The company's products are sold in approximately 150 countries and territories under brand names including: Estée Lauder, Aramis, Clinique, Prescriptives, Lab Series, Origins, Tommy Hilfiger, MAC, Kiton, La Mer, Bobbi Brown, Donna Karan New York, DKNY, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble, Michael Kors, Darphin, Tom Ford, Smashbox, Ermenegildo Zegna, AERIN, RODIN olio lusso, Le Labo, Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle, GLAMGLOW, By Kilian, BECCA, Too Faced and Dr. Jart+.
Our Heritage: Since Estée Lauder founded our Company in 1946 with four cosmetics products and unlimited dreams, we have grown virtually every year on the key principles she established: creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship. The Estée Lauder Companies are committed to building world-class brands by developing talented people. We champion a professional organization that emphasizes excellences at every level. Our people are our greatest asset and the success of our company is the result of the talent, passion, and vision of our creative and highly dedicated employees, who set a global standard for innovation, service and quality. The Canadian Supply Chain and Canadian Innovation Centre is at the core of that innovative spirit. (http://www.elcompanies.com/who-we-are/the-lauder-family)
Our Culture & Values: Our culture is often described as a rare mix of family values with a high-performing public company with a mission of "Bringing the best to everyone we touch and being the best in everything we do. This unique mix translates into a caring, collaborative and compassionate workplace that is also demanding - with a competitive spirit that is a powerful source of motivation. Above all else, there is a focus on long-term, sustainable growth which engenders loyalty and commitment from internal and external stakeholders. We are a values-driven organization. Our actions are rooted in the Lauder Family values of respect for the individual, uncompromising ethics and integrity, generosity of spirit and fearless persistence. Building on these core values we also abide by the following principles: http://www.elcompanies.com/who-we-are/culture-and-values.
To learn more about our unique corporate culture in Canada, please visit LinkedIn.
The Company has developed ambitious ESG goals directed towards keeping employees safe and reducing our impact on Climate Change, reducing energy and carbon emissions and using water more sustainably. This position requires an experienced professional with a wide background and knowledge base in project management to drive safety, energy & water capital projects. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in the implementation of ESG capital projects. As a member of the Global Environmental Affairs & Safety (EAS) team, the role will report directly to the EHS lead at each campus and will work closely with facility engineering staff, Operations, the Corporate Sustainability team, and brand/office/R&D staff, among others. The position is primarily responsible for delivering capital projects supporting key performance indicators (KPIs) for safety and to improve energy and water efficiency. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment. This position will be charged with the implementation of projects to meet the ESG goals.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Key objective of this role is to develop capital project documentation through to execution and completion of various safety, environmental and sustainability projects to help ELC reach its ESG goals.
- Act as an SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the EAS team on topics related to engineering, equipment and capital project management.
- Manage individual capital projects following best practices and techniques from conception, design, procurement, installation, commissioning and final handover. Application of GMP/OTC or other quality protocols or requirements may need to be met.
- Manage numerous projects (from small to large) in tandem and ensure that internal and external resources are aligned, and projects completed in priority order.
- Utilizing data analysis, software systems available and industry best practices to help identify, support and promote safety improvements, energy & water reduction ideas and initiatives for consideration.
- Track and report to the management teams our progress against related KPI's and the glidepath for achieving our goals. Work with EAS team, End-to-End Engineering (E2EE), site management, facilities, etc. on development of the site's ESG goal glidepath.
- Work with site teams to identify and implement viable projects that improve safety and sustainability at the facility. These may include small non-capital projects or process changes. Engage employees at all levels in identifying and implementing solutions.
- Liaise with equipment end users and affected departments to gather design and function requirements with respect to productivity, safety and ergonomics, for inclusion within the project plan brief and to produce considered and completed User Requirement Specifications.
- Supervise support during the successful implementation / introduction of any new equipment into the workplace. With a key focus on ensuring all Health and Safety requirements are adhered to during installation / commissioning works.
- Ensure that all project related work is carried out on time, to budget, is "fit for purpose" and delivers to the highest standard and current best practice. Ensure customer requirements are not only met in full but aim to exceed.
- Work independently on individual projects and part of the Project team on group projects.
- Contribute to the process of selecting and ordering all new major production/process equipment to ensure continuity of standards and that all practical "installation" implications are considered.
- Obtain competitive quotations to complete major capital works through a formal tendering process. Plan, negotiate and implement schedules of work for all major projects with the effected internal departments and external contractors.
- Prepare Project Plans, including justification for major and minor capital projects for submission for local Senior Management Stakeholder approval and subsequent launch for approval. Once approved, maintain a computerized schedule of works of all major engineering projects (e.g. MS Project).
- Compile and share best practices within the region and with peers on the other major campuses as well as the E2EE team.
- Lead cross-functional / multi departmental teams in the completion of project works (for example URS requirements, FAT, SAT) and oversee HARA implementation at the campus.
- Be an ambassador of change supporting multi-departmental groups through the project change management process.
- Support the EHS team with a variety of traditional EHS programmatic areas.
- NOTE: the above list is not in priority order and other tasks many be required of the job holder.
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Energy) preferably or Environmental Sciences or Safety Sciences
Minimum Years of Experience: Minimum 5-10 years' experience
% Travel Time: 10%
Additional Job Specifications:
- Coaching, influencing, team building with colleagues that are not direct reports or within EHS organization
- Advanced project management skills with attention to detail
- Good negotiation skills such as tendering process with external suppliers matched up with a solid understanding of cost implications
- Skilled at setting priorities & reassessing in response to changing project demands
- Strong operational and professional technical engineering background along with the experience necessary to support the new ESG goals related to safety, energy and water reduction set by the Company
- Must be technically organized, have excellent follow-up skills as well as interpersonal skills in order to present information in manners which are usable based on a variety of audiences
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. Ability to adjust communication style based on the situation and the audience. Report to senior management on progress on ESG goals
- Experience with data analysis, spreadsheets, numeracy skills and software experience in building management, capital management, or solar arrays (e.g., energy monitoring software, quickbook) and reporting software (e.g., cr360)
- Fluent in suite of Microsoft applications. Experience with Quick Base is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.