Field Sales Manager - (Retail Partner) - Mac (1 Year Contract)
Pays : Canada
Région : Ontario
Ville : Toronto
Catégorie : Commerce
Type de contrat : CDI
Type d'emploi : Plein temps
Description du poste
The FESM will spend approximately 60% of their time in store interacting with Partner location teams (RMs and Artist) and Specialty Multi teams as well as consumers to drive client acquisition, engagement, conversion and execution of seasonal plans/promotional calendars.
The FESM will assess and manage RM performance and provide frequent, on-going feedback.
FESM will partner with the Artistry and Education teams to ensure sales training, artistry training, and service objectives are met with Excellence in Execution. The FESM should possess the ability to execute artistry as well as coach and train service, sales, and artistry skills.
The must be an Enterpriser; create local plans and specific events to drive enthusiasm and engagement with the customer. Capture consumer insights by observing shopping patterns and competitive activity and use insights to create action plans. Drive client acquisition through outreach, client management, social influence, oversight of visual merchandising execution, and by building collaborative relationships. Drive conversion through coaching of the selling staff. Use entrepreneurial insight to drive creative solutions to increase sales performance, negotiating for needed resources to support promotional activities, create and oversee event execution, talent
planning and schedule optimization.
60%-70% Store Visit Allocation
(40% of store visit) Consumer Facing; Driving Sales, Conversion and Entrepreneurial focus
- Coaching/Selling/Driving Conversion with Management teams, Makeup Artists, and Freelance/On-Call. Model excellent customer service, selling and model 5-star service experience by directly interacting with consumers on brand messaging, product education, and fulfilling consumer needs. i.e. lead by example.
- Drive digital influencing by coaching in store sales teams on how to create a social network, engage with the consumer beyond stores by creating a community, and being a local/regional influencer.
- Position brand as a leader through social/digital media and being active in social media to promote brand and product story conforming to M
- C guidelines.
- Leverage product and category expertise to drive consumer engagement across all channels through authentic brand and product story telling at the point of experience.
- Understand varying consumer segments/profiles that shop channels (eg: specialty- multi vs. traditional department store consumer) drive consumer to shop channel.
- Engage with different consumer segments, communicating brand essence
- Develop consumer relationship management strategies for teams to build loyal consumer base. (e.g. process for regular consumer outreach, retail partner CRM protocols)
- Drive business through education of employee teams. Modeling behaviors, observing and providing feedback to ensure effective delivery of sales techniques resulting in achievement of productivity goals, sales objectives and brand standards.
(25% of store visit) Team Development; Training and Coaching of Retail Managers and team.
- Support brand education: Ensure staff is well-versed in brand messaging, artistry, differentiation and assortment.
- In partnership with Education, develop skills, reinforce training initiatives, and learning agility at the retail
level. Recommend specific training and strategies to address the store/ market needs by proactively providing constructive feedback and specific action steps.
- Train and develop managers/leaders to create and deliver best-in-class brand experience.
- Ongoing "people management": evaluation, performance management, etc.
- Help complete job orientations and provide thorough training in M-A-C policies, practices and standards.
- Assist in ensuring the store environment is safe and that work practices are safe.
- Help ensure all relevant Human Resources records are kept updated and confidential.
- Audit/approve your team expense reports.
(10% of store visit) Building Retail Partner Relationship
- Maintain and grow business partnership with accounts to ensure achievement of respective goals and objectives.
- Know and develop good working relationships with District Merchants, Cosmetic Department Managers and Store Management to recognize opportunities that are consistent with the company's strategic direction.
- Ensure management representative attends store department meetings on behalf of M
- Negotiate for needed real estate and resources to support promotional activities, launches and events.
(10% of store visit) Recruiting/Interviewing
- Perform final interviews and select candidates.
- Liaise with Talent Acquisition (TA) team on end-to-end talent acquisition process including utilizing HireVue technology to identify/ select potential candidates for open requisitions.
(10% of store visit) Events/ Event planning
- Partner with retailers, field marketer, NOAM events teams and mall management teams to identify and implement innovative in-store/in mall events, animations, activities and display concepts to drive traffic and cater to the needs of the local consumer.
- Partner with field marketer and NOAM events teams to schedule store events, marketing and advertising for new openings.
(5% of store visit) Reviewing Business Performance
- For direct pay staff (e.g. Department stores): observe store teams' interactions with consumers and provide frequent feedback on job performance. Identify development opportunities and deliver relevant training to cultivate talent and produce high-performing teams that exceed sales objectives.
- For partner staff (e.g. Sephora, Nordstrom): develop influential relationships with staff and Retail Partners to inspire and motivate the team to achieve sales objectives. Provide ongoing brand training to create brand ambassadors and drive consumer engagement with brand
(30%- 40% of FESM role) Administration
People Management- (reviews, ER) and Admin work (schedules, payroll, budget management)
- Analyze the business and identify sales goals/targets to be set, proactively anticipate and rectify obstacles to goal achievement using critical problem-solving skills, target specific KPI's relevant to the business, strategize client engagement to attract, convert, and retain clients. Develop sales goals at door level, refine revenue calendars by month, week, day.
- Maximize selling staff's productivity through hour utilization, schedule optimization/planning and goal management.
- Management of weekly payroll approval process.
- Create/Audit/Approve schedules to maximize peak hours and support training objectives.
- Manage Annual Performance Management review process. Provide performance reviews for Retail Managers.
- Review and Approve performance reviews for store staff, utilizing scorecards/metrics and feedback.
- Oversee management of revenue calendars/ sales planning documents, weekly by location.
- Selling cost expense management, including re-deployment across locations to maximize opportunities or minimize liabilities based on sales trend (incl. flex team).
- Partners with Centers of Excellence (Sales Reporting and Analytics, Point of Sale, Marketing Coordination and Communication, Education, HR/People Management and Freelance) to more effectively manage and lead business.
- Responsible for the preparation of meeting materials, i.e. analysis of business results vs. plan and by door projections for the future season; staffing, and marketing/event calendars with results.
- Provide insight and feedback on training needs and effectiveness of training initiatives.
- Build Business to Gain Market Share - Create feedback loops to the brand: Consumer, product, and artist needs, competition's products, service offering and activity; maintain in-depth knowledge of market trends, demographics and customer needs/behaviors and reactions. Share feedback with central teams.
- Develop good working relationships with brand leaders, COE staffs and point of sales teams.
- Strong ability to drive sales.
- Solid understanding of product knowledge, events, operations, retail culture and cosmetic industry, plus deliver artistry.
- Create and maintain strategic partnership with retailers, brands, COE functions and Artists; POS employees.
- Strong understanding of the retail markets, competitive landscapes and current beauty trends and ability to leverage those insights to drive sales.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop direct pay staff to achieve goals.
- Ability to see problems and develop action plans to get past them (inventory/stock issues, staff performance, turnover, logistical issues related to events, etc.)
- Enthusiastic mentor and strategic thinker.
- Entrepreneurial competency and motives.
- Charismatic individual with strong negotiation and communication talents.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment with multi-unit management skills. Availability to work key business hours including weekends.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.