Manager, Finance & Business Management - 1 Year Contract - (Smashbox, Bobbi Brown, Origins & Darphin)
Pays : Canada
Région : Ontario
Ville : Toronto
Catégorie : Gestion - Finance
Type de contrat : CDI
Type d'emploi : Plein temps
Description du poste
Support the Brand Manager(s) and Canada affiliate Executive Director of Finance, Strategy and Business Management in strategic planning, annual budgeting, Profit & Loss management and monthly estimate deliverables. Perform deep dives on key investment areas to support NOP-accretive investment choices and the strategic allocation of resources. Evaluate brand strategies around retailer / channel / door investments, channel and distribution decisions and corresponding product and marketing investment allocation strategies. Responsibilities are strongly focused on the following areas:
- Support monthly close and lead monthly estimate generation
- Lead annual planning cycle
- P&L management and budget control
- Door Segmentation and door P&L analyses
- A&P marketing deck investment allocation strategies
- Profitability assessments, performance scorecards & exception reporting
- Capital investment strategies
Provide support in the brand's 3-year strategy, resource allocation decisions, annual budget generation and estimate projections. Partner across the Brand organization, Canada affiliate Finance, NA brand Finance and the NA Controllership teams (e.g., Fixed Assets, Selling and Demonstration) and other Corporate groups as needed.
Support the month-end close and lead the monthly estimate process. Work across the Canada brand organization as well as NA regional Finance teams to ensure completeness and accuracy. Lead the monthly business review meetings.Lead the annual planning cycle. Partner with the Canada brand organization as well as NA regional Finance teams to develop and reach consensus on budget. This includes completing the Budget Presentation Package and other support schedules.
Develop strategies, door distribution and allocation rules to address Top Mall, Area of Influence and Door segmentation focus and profit improvement targets. Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare and analyze Retailer, Door P&L and account/door segmentations and analyses, issuing scorecards and exception reporting to brand and Field teams to monitor performance and drive improved investment decisions.
- Partner with the brand manager to deliver improvements in profit and ROI through more focused resource allocation strategies. Provide ongoing education and feedback to brand partners on allocation options and the profitability thereof.
- Partner with Brand teams to drive profit and ROI improvements by defining door distribution assignments and allocation rules for priority programs and supporting elements. Ensure products and investments are assigned to the appropriate distribution to yield the highest return, Top Malls / Area of Influence/ Doors are favored and that investments in low volume launches and / or under-performing channels, accounts and doors have been right-sized.
- Evaluate performance post-launch, sharing results and incorporating learnings into future investment and allocation decisions.
Maintain the marketing decks, in partnership with Marketing. Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee the development of the annual marketing deck
- Review and jointly manage the marketing decks(s) to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Oversee the Brand's Co-op Advertising in the Passport system.Work with Account Planning to project, minimize and monitor Returns by channel and retailer. Analyze retailer and consumer returns to identify unusual trends and opportunities for improvement. Issue exception reporting to brand and Field teams to support Returns reduction initiatives.Analyze Demonstration productivity results to ensure the brand is on track to meet efficiency targets. Facilitate the timely exchange of information between the brand Sales teams and Selling and Demonstration Controllership teams.
Consolidate, evaluate and report on financial results and progress vs. strategy, including the following:
- Prepare and issue Channel and Product Category P&Ls and prepare supplemental reporting, variance analyses, commentaries, etc. Leverage and enhance Marketing Decks, Campaign P&Ls, Category & SMAP reporting and other financial planning and reporting tools to best evaluate performance and address business needs. Ensure marketing decks meet lower level coding requirements to best track key campaigns, product lines, strategic business lines, key accounts and door segments, etc.
- Prepare, analyze and distribute direct contribution P&Ls for key launches, franchises and product lines. Develop new reporting in conjunction with A&P team members to best monitor performance and track progress against financial and strategic objectives.
- Partner with Brand Marketing to review EXOB and R&R accuracy and develop usage plans where feasible.
- Review Indirect Operating Expenses to ensure completeness and accuracy.- Manage the Brand's Capital planning and estimate process in compliance with Corporate guidelines, ensuring capital investments are aligned with the greatest growth opportunities. Responsibilities include the following:- Track capital investment strategies and choices, including plans by retailer and door, ensuring capital projects meet ROI thresholds and align with the overall budget and strategy.- Support the Canada Affiliate Business Management team as needed to deliver on team deliverables.
- Responsible for certain affiliate reporting requirements.
- Undergraduate degree in finance/accounting required. MBA or Accounting Certification preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in finance, accounting or analysis or management consultancy required
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize large amounts of data into meaningful reports
- Ability to collaborate and drive cross-functional consensus and strong communication and presentation skills necessary
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills and strong knowledge in Excel/SAP-CPM-BI/database skills necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure, to multitask, to work independently and to manage one's own work streams required.
- Proactive individual looking to take on additional responsibility and improve processes and procedures through innovation and creativity.
Job: Finance & Accounting
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number: 208191
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.