Pays : Canada
Région : Ontario
Ville : Markham
Catégorie : Production - Qualité
Type de contrat : CDI
Type d'emploi : Plein temps
Description du poste
Our Brands: The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products. The company's products are sold in approximately 150 countries and territories under brand names including: Estée Lauder, Aramis, Clinique, Prescriptives, Lab Series, Origins, Tommy Hilfiger, MAC, Kiton, La Mer, Bobbi Brown, Donna Karan New York, DKNY, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble, Michael Kors, Darphin, Tom Ford, Smashbox, Ermenegildo Zegna, AERIN, RODIN olio lusso, Le Labo, Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle, GLAMGLOW, By Kilian, BECCA, Too Faced and Dr. Jart+.
Our Heritage: Since Estée Lauder founded our Company in 1946 with four cosmetics products and unlimited dreams, we have grown virtually every year on the key principles she established: creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship. The Estée Lauder Companies are committed to building world-class brands by developing talented people. We champion a professional organization that emphasizes excellences at every level. Our people are our greatest asset and the success of our company is the result of the talent, passion, and vision of our creative and highly dedicated employees, who set a global standard for innovation, service and quality. The Canadian Supply Chain and Canadian Innovation Centre is at the core of that innovative spirit. (http://www.elcompanies.com/who-we-are/the-lauder-family)
Our Culture & Values: Our culture is often described as a rare mix of family values with a high-performing public company with a mission of "Bringing the best to everyone we touch and being the best in everything we do. This unique mix translates into a caring, collaborative and compassionate workplace that is also demanding - with a competitive spirit that is a powerful source of motivation. Above all else, there is a focus on long-term, sustainable growth which engenders loyalty and commitment from internal and external stakeholders. We are a values-driven organization. Our actions are rooted in the Lauder Family values of respect for the individual, uncompromising ethics and integrity, generosity of spirit and fearless persistence. Building on these core values we also abide by the following principles: http://www.elcompanies.com/who-we-are/culture-and-values.
To learn more about our unique corporate culture in Canada, please visit LinkedIn.
The overall mandate for the Operations Manager, will be to manage the departments to produce company products and to manage all aspects of Production (filling and assembly and Packaging) to deliver business results established for safety, quality, customer service, and cost through continuous improvement initiatives and development of the organization.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Employee Management
- Employee management across all 3 shifts
- Ensure labour levels meet planned requirements for Production floor
- Set and monitor department objectives for functional area
- Carry out quarterly and annual Performance reviews for direct reports
- Form a training and development plan for direct reports
- Give general and specific direction to Supervision in order to meet short term and long term goals 2. Management of Department Activities
- Support validation and change management program
- Set, monitor and control budgets for Production cost centers
- Agree cost standards for production, monitor and control to meet or exceed objectives. Analyze and report on deficiencies
- Resolve Manufacturing/Production issues to meet all objectives, including Efficiencies, Quality standards, Safety standards and Customer Service Levels, Plant absolute / net attainment
- Assess labour to achieve production requirements (Launch, S/L, etc.)
- Commit to monthly production targets and balance forward plan 3. Continuous Improvements - LEAN implementation
- Identify and implement methods to improve overall performance of each functional area
- Identify, justify and support Capital Expenditure Program for functional areas
- Implement Continuous Improvement by engaging, empowering and enabling the workforce
- Develop, implement and control process improvements for functional areas (Sop's and training / procedures etc.) 4. Health & Safety
- Ensure employees are trained in safety procedures and are following safety requirements
- Ensure reports comply with all statutory and Corporate EHS policies e.g. PPE, WHMIS, GMP, ISO 14001, etc.
- Ensure Incident and Accident reports are completed in a timely manner for functional areas, investigate and facilitate appropriate actions
- Ensure housekeeping and GMP requirements are met by reports
- Support validation and change management programs, ensure requirements are met for functional areas
- Ensure effectiveness of our Behavioral Based Safety program 5. Special Projects & Duties
- Support company teaming initiative
Experience: A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated progression through various levels of management and responsibilities
- Demonstrated people management and development capability and proven success in leading and inspiring teams to excel
- Experience with Lean, Six Sigma, or other Continuous Improvement principles and programs including engagement and implementation of these initiatives
- Thorough knowledge of the entire supply chain as well as inventory management principles - Supply Chain Management concepts
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT) and SAP preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.