Senior Manager, Accounting & Controls
Pays : Canada
Région : Ontario
Ville : Toronto
Catégorie : Gestion - Finance
Type de contrat : CDI
Type d'emploi : Plein temps
Description du poste
The Sr. Manager, Accounting & Controls will be responsible for managing the day to day accounting operations and providing Affiliate team members with clear and concise objectives that align with North America policies and procedures. Responsibilities include maintaining compliance parameters and serving as the internal control point of contact for the North America Region.
Additional responsibilities include ensuring a strong internal control environment through the development of consistent procedures across brands to maintain compliance with Corporate policies and controls, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Partner with OneSource teams to ensure day-to-day execution of Master Data, P2P, OTC, and R2R work streams align with Canada and North America Region goals and objectives
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting and cost accounting
- Develop consistent procedures to ensure compliance with Corporate policies and controls and lead implementation throughout the Affiliate and/or NA Region
- Evaluate transactions for appropriate accounting treatment in a proactive and professional manner
- Ensure adequate segregation of duties and controls
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial statements
- Provide financial analysis tools when necessary to support projects, programs, capital expenditures, etc.
- Other North America Region Accounting duties, as necessary
- 8+ years of work experience (5+ in directly in relevant roles), preferably in consumer products goods industry
- Active CPA license required
- "Big 4" experience, a plus
- Highly proficient in Accounting, Controls and analysis and interpretation of financial statements
- Must be highly technical; MS Excel, SAP, and CPM skills strongly preferred
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and high attention to detail
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute against tight timelines
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.