Senior Manager, Merchandising
Pays : Canada
Région : Ontario
Ville : Vaughan
Catégorie : Merchandising
Type de contrat : CDI
Type d'emploi : Plein temps
Description du poste
Focused on current and future seasons, the Senior Manager, Merchandising is responsible for managing the adidas merchandising team, specifically owning and driving sell-out and range management for DTC channels. Partnering both with CTC, brand marketing and site/store operations, they will develop business strategies focused on generating sell-through, to maximize sales and margin within retail and ecommerce. They will oversee a team of buyers, jr buyers and allocation analysts.
- Provide pre-season input and feedback to NAM and local CTC and BU teams, partnering with them to build category strategies for each adidas DTC channel
- Partner to develop a complete seasonal strategy with Planning and Digital/Visual merchandising that validates assortment choices against the marketing calendar, achieves financial roll up for both sales and margin targets;
- Ensure range size and buy plans are following the OTB models provided by the DTC planning teams and feed those back to the local CTC teams
- Align on the right approach with the planning team to ensure the seasonal receipts, markdowns and promotion plans match open-to-buy and inventory turn targets while optimizing on-floor/on-site presentations.
- Identify sales, marketing and promotional opportunities at the category, concept, and collection level to maximize sales and partner with DTC Marketing on campaigns and in-store activations
- Analyze sales, margin and other performance indices for all channels on a daily/weekly basis to determine allocation and replenishment needs to maximize full-price sell out.
- Partner with Visual Merchandising to ensure that the store directives accurately showcase the vision of the seasonal strategy.
- Train and develop the merchandising team members to ensure that each individual is receiving what they need to be successful, ensuring positive team morale and a performance culture.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. This includes: interviewing; hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; managing and developing and direct reports.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Responsibilities will vary slightly based on the categories and channels supported (Factory Outlet, Inline, eCommerce, and/or 3rd Party). Channel-specific duties may include the following:
- FO: Review and analyze the category product for footwear, apparel and accessories in order to set the seasonal product direction strategy for all brick and mortar retail divisions to ensure constant business growth and brand enhancement. Create in-season product management, advising Buyers on devising and implementing promotional, mark-down and transition/close-out strategies.
- Full-Price/eCommerce: Execute the full-price merchandising strategy for assigned category and leverage team to execute to strategy. Drive strategy to manage assortments that showcase the breadth of the adidas-Group brand portfolio, ensuring a balance between commercial and brand objectives. Ensure global vision and strategy comes to life in own retail and .com to create a premium consumer experience.
- 3rd Party/League: Build and manage relationships with external vendors and partners. Oversee special event planning and execution Influence 3rd parties to prioritize adidas and to achieve the brand and KPI targets.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and standard Retail systems/application
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent retail math and analytical skills, with the ability to successfully educate and trainer others on retail math
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal
- Ability to use SAP/ERP and MAP
- Ability to identify and quantify sales opportunities and market trends
- Ability to teach others the open to buy process and ensure Buyers understands the financial implications of their decisions
- Ability to manage and develop multiple direct reports with different levels of buying capabilities
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to understand and translate financial data to make recommendations and decisions
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex data and develop innovative solutions
- Ability to deliver effective and persuasive presentations that support business decisions
- Ability to influence decisions and outcomes cross functionally
- Ability to accept and meet critical deadlines with good planning and organization skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple distribution channels with different customers, systems and processes
- Ability to manage and influencing Open to Buy metrics
- Ability to make complex decisions based on statistics, trends, and opinions
- Travel required domestically and internationally 15% of time
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and a minimum 7 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum 7 years of experience with buying/planning and financial/business analysis
- A minimum of 3 years experience managing a team